Office: (310) 861-2470
Direct Dial: (310) 861-2473
Fax: (310) 861-2476
Farhana prides herself in doing whatever it takes to achieve her client's goals no matter how big or small. Farhana represents clients in a wide variety of intellectual property, corporate, and litigation matters.
On intellectual property matters, Farhana advises artists, entrepreneurs, startup and various private companies on copyright and trademark matters, including brand consulting, licensing, privacy policies, trademark clearance analysis and prosecution, along with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, such as, trademark license agreements, software license agreements, confidentiality agreements, and consulting agreements on behalf of her clients.
On the corporate front, Farhana has experience in business entity formation and governance, franchise compliance and acquisitions, and commercial and residential real estate acquisitions. Farhana also handles compliance issues related to employment and corporate investigation, including, drafting employee handbooks and documents, performing employment audits, and conducting corporate investigations. Additionally, Farhana has experience with commercial landlord and tenant disputes in addition to assisting CSR Lawyers in all stages of litigation prosecuting and defending civil disputes related to employment, judgment enforcement, white collar crime, and corporate governance.
Since joining CSReeder, PC, Farhana has successfully represented artists in negotiating intellectual property and business contracts with one of the largest North American brewing companies and assisted in successfully closing several franchise acquisitions for a national franchisor. Farhana also handled compliance matters, including performing employment audits and advising on employment policies and procedures for clients in the real estate and aerospace industry to ensure federal and state compliance. Farhana also represented a corporate client in an investigation brought by the Michigan Department of Attorney General Consumer Protection Division for a consumer's complaint alleging violation of the Federal Trade Commission regulations related to false advertising and deceptive pricing. The matter resulted in the dismissal of the consumer's complaint.
Prior to joining CSReeder, PC, Farhana was a certified limited practitioner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. After graduating law school, Farhana joined San Diego State University Research Foundation as a contracts and compliance officer where she drafted, reviewed, and negotiated sponsored research contracts with federal, state and private entities, and routinely advised on compliance areas such as export controls, human and animal subjects, and responsible conduct in research for educational institutions.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D. (2015); Intellectual Property Law Association, Director (2014-2015)
- Mount Saint Mary's University, B.A. in American Studies & International Relations, (2008)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- CALI Award, Trademark & Unfair Competition Law
- CALI Award, Copyright Law
- Witkin Award, Trademark & Unfair Competition Law
- Witkin Award, Copyright Law
- Contributing author, Sandra L. Rierson, Toward a More Coherent Doctrine of Trademark Genericism and Functionality: Focusing on Fair Competition, 27 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. 691 (2017).
- Editing and publishing author, Munro and Byrnes, International Trust Laws and Analysis, Company Laws, Wealth Management & Tax Planning Strategies, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business (2013 supp.).
- Director, The Chronic 2015, Growing Like A Weed: A Primer on Intellectual Property Law, Taxes And the Legitimate Marijuana Industry, The Center for Intellectual Property, Thomas Jefferson School of Law (2015).