Office: (310) 861-2470
Direct Dial: (310) 861-2472
Fax: (310) 861-2476
Elan Bloch represents clients in a wide variety of matters, with a particular emphasis on complex commercial litigation. Through his tireless efforts, he has helped clients obtain multi-million dollar settlements on the plaintiff side and full dismissals on the defense side.
Elan has extensive experience handling real estate, partnership, franchise and general business disputes in both state and federal courts. He also regularly assists clients with performing internal investigations, responding to subpoenas, negotiating partnership agreements and dissolutions, and providing general business guidance.
Elan routinely acts as outside general counsel for corporate and individual clients, providing advice regarding best practices in areas ranging from corporate governance to trade secret protection.
- Represented founder and owner of a world famous nightclub against his institutional partner, resulting in an advantageous buy-out that restored full ownership to the client.
- Represented founding partners of a world-class professional sports event against their institutional partners, resulting in advantageous buy-out of the clients' interests.
- Obtained dismissal of action brought by a franchisee association against a national franchisor, resulting in the validation of numerous business practices and preventing future litigation by successfully challenging associational standing.
- Represented lender in a UCC Foreclosure action and subsequent adversary proceeding in Bankruptcy Court to facilitate client collection of multi-million dollar disbursement from Debtor's Bankruptcy Estate. Lender claims arose out of a pledged membership interest in a limited liability company formed to invest in commercial real estate development.
- Represented wrongfully terminated executive of a professional sports team and obtained sizeable severance on behalf of client.
- Loyola Law School, J.D. (2012); Loyola Law School Entertainment Law Review, Research Editor (2011-2012)
- University of Southern California, B.A. in Business Administration, cum laude (2005)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2017)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2018)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2019)
*Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.