Office: (310) 861-2470
Direct Dial: (310) 861-2474
Fax: (310) 861-2476
Ben is a trial advocate with an extensive litigation background, which includes defeating allegations of talcum powder contamination brought against a Fortune 500 cosmetics company, defending health care providers in professional liability actions, and representing private contractors, sole proprietors, property owners, and homeowner associations in commercial and real estate tort actions.
Drawing from his diverse experience, Ben presently represents clients in a number of industries, including entertainment, media, marketing, real estate, home furnishings, health care, construction, and natural resources. Together with the CSReeder team, Ben provides general counsel services in addition to prosecuting civil disputes and defending clients in matters of employment, corporate governance, contracts, general negligence, judgment enforcement, and more.
With his practice based in the greater Los Angeles and Ventura areas, Ben also litigates in courts across California and the country.
Born and raised in Bakersfield, California, Ben trained in political communications serving in the Governor of California's administration prior to receiving his law degree. He also clerked for a law firm in Northern California specializing in campaign and election law.
- Secured voluntary dismissal of federal class action lawsuit alleging violations of California's unfair competition and false advertising law
- Obtained favorable buy-out of founding minority shareholder asserting claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against business partners, resulting in a large return on investment
- Defended at trial a timber company against allegations that it sold defective and toxic ceiling tiles. The case resolved favorably after the jury considered brief opening statements from both sides.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a mineral fiber supplier which found that the client did not fail to warn of the dangers of its product.
- Assisted a group of physicians obtain a dispositive award at arbitration finding they did not commit any negligence in recommending a normal course of labor and delivery.
- Represented a successful ballot measure campaign during a multiple county voter recount which upheld the initial election results.
- 2017 Outstanding Nickel Alumnus, Southwestern Law School
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2018)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2019)
- Southwestern Law School, J.D. (2013); Southwestern Journal of International Law, Associate Editor (2012-2013); Trial
- Advocacy Honors Program(2011-2013)
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. in History and Business-Economics (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
*Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.