Office: (310) 861-2470
Direct Dial: (310) 861-2474
Fax: (310) 861-2476
Ben delivers focused litigation, trial, and general counsel services to clients across an array of industries. From entertainment to digital media, real estate, home improvement, health care, construction, water distribution, and more, clients from multiple sectors entrust Ben to understand and achieve the results they need to move their business forward.
Drawing from his tested litigation background, which involves defeating allegations of talcum powder contamination brought against a Fortune 500 cosmetics company, securing favorable awards and settlements for numerous health care providers in professional liability actions, and representing private contractors and employers in commercial actions, Ben currently prosecutes and defends civil disputes in matters of employment, corporate governance, insurance, real estate, intellectual property, franchising, commercial transactions, and beyond.
Although his practice is based in the greater Los Angeles and Ventura areas, Ben litigates in state and federal courts up and down California and across the country.
Born and raised in Bakersfield, California, Ben trained in political communications serving in the Governor of California's administration prior to receiving his law degree. He also clerked for a law firm in Northern California specializing in campaign and election law.
- Defeated attempted corporate takeover of a digital media company, securing injunctions and contempt findings against adverse party, enabling client to acquire controlling share of the company
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a Marvin partner awarding entirety of probate estate and administration of the Estate over objections of an estranged heir to the decedent.
- Secured dismissal of federal class action lawsuit against national franchisor alleging violations of California's unfair competition and false advertising law.
- Obtained favorable buy-out of founding minority shareholder asserting claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against business partners, resulting in a large return on investment.
- Defended at trial a timber company against allegations that it sold defective and toxic ceiling tiles. The case resolved favorably after the jury considered brief opening statements from both sides.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a mineral fiber supplier which found that the client did not fail to warn of the dangers of its product.
- Assisted a group of physicians obtain a dispositive award at arbitration finding they did not commit any negligence in recommending a normal course of labor and delivery.
- Represented a successful ballot measure campaign during a multiple county voter recount which upheld the initial election results.
- 2017 Outstanding Nickel Alumnus, Southwestern Law School
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2018)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2019)
- Named a "Southern California Rising Star," Super Lawyers (2020)
- Southwestern Law School, J.D. (2013); Southwestern Journal of International Law, Associate Editor (2012-2013); Trial Advocacy Honors Program (2011-2013)
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. in History and Business-Economics (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
*Being named to the list or receiving the award is not intended and should not be viewed as comparative to other lawyers or to create an expectation about results that might be achieved in a future matter.